Saturday, September 19, 2026

A Special Game

I didn't think that any football game that I was at in person would top last year's IU vs. UCLA game in which Cameron was introduced as an SAB director on the field.  It was such a special day.  We not only got to tailgate with Cal, Maggie, Brett, Karen, Cameron and Parce's family, but also got to be on the field with Cameron while he was honored.  To make the game even more special we were part of the Indiana flag ceremony and were front row eyewitnesses to the opening drive pick six by Aiden Fisher.  

As wonderful as that day was, nothing compared to this year's event as our entire family chose to come and support Cameron on his big day on the IU field.  Doug and I both had so much fun at the tailgate with all of our children, their significant others and Gabrielle joining our family gathering.  There wasn't any pick six to start the game, but Cal, Doug and I all got to join Cameron in the Indiana flag ceremony and on the goal line when he was introduced once again.  It was incredibly special knowing that our entire family was in attendance.  As we walked out of the weight room, Cal put his arm around Doug and said, "End of an era."  I almost sobbed when I heard that.  I appreciate all of my family being there as this will be a memory for me that I will never forget.  For that I am eternally grateful.








































No comments:

Post a Comment