I woke up early this morning and asked Doug if he would like to try and fly out early so that we could get back before dark. I should have looked at the flight schedule before I did, because every one of them was fully booked even the flight that we were on this afternoon. Doug wasn't interested in changing anyway as we had plans to meet Cameron and Cora for breakfast and to go to the field hockey game at noon. In the end, I was very glad that we stayed as I really enjoyed it.
After we checked out of our hotel, we met Cameron and Cora at Bloomington Bagel right behind our hotel. I had a blueberry smoothy and a peanut butter bagel. It was too much food for me, but it definitely tasted delicious. Our next stop was the field hockey game. Doug and I have enjoyed going to them over the past few years. We do not know a lot about the sport, but it's fun to watch and the fans are enthusiastic. Today, Hoosier the Bison even showed up to support the girls. The best part of going, however, is knowing how much Cameron enjoys being a director of field hockey. They had a great crowd this afternoon and even the wasps hanging out near the student section didn't detour anyone from cheering on the team.
Doug and I left at halftime so that we could return our car before catching our flight. It had been a great weekend, and I was sad to leave. The best part was knowing that we would all be together when we came back to Bloomington in two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment