Friday, September 25, 2026

Game Day . . . Night

When Doug and I found out that IU's game with Northwestern would be played on a Friday night, we knew that it would fit perfectly into our travel timeline.  Doug would be able to use his last vacation day today and fly up last night for the game.  We would also be able to leave after the game and drive part of the way home getting us back a day early.  The best part was, however, that we would be able to go to Cora's birthday tailgate and celebrate with her family.

The one part that we hadn't thought about was what to do with our free day today.  We had been to Bloomington a lot lately and walking down Kirkwood wasn't as appealing as it was Labor Day weekend.  We had also visited Oliver Winery multiple times and didn't feel a need to return there today.  I did get us vouchers for breakfast at the Hilton we were staying at that included a buffet with mimosas and Bloody Marys, so we knew that our morning was covered.  

Since Cameron was busy with work and setting up at the tailgate fields, which opened at noon today, Doug suggested spending our free time at Nashville.  I hadn't thought about that and was very excited to go.  I had not been shopping there in over a year and loved all of the quaint shops.  The weather was beautiful which made our walk through the town even better.  We didn't buy anything, but we did enjoy window shopping, and Doug found one winery to try.  I also got a great book recommendation that I am going to purchase in October.

Doug and I made it to Memorial Stadium in plenty of time to find parking before the game.  We hung out for a while near our spot enjoying the atmosphere before heading to the Zink family tailgate.  There was a large group already assembled by the time we arrived, and everyone was having a great time.  We spent the next few hours talking to Cora's parents and her grandma.  We caught up with Cameron and had a lot of fun watching everyone celebrate with ski shots.  It was so nice to be included and to get one last night with Cameron.  It had been a great week and an awesome day today, but I was ready to go home after the game as I definitely could use the rest.









No comments:

Post a Comment