Friday, September 11, 2026

A Day with Meg

I went to work with Doug this morning as Meg wanted to spend the day with me.  I arrived at her apartment before she got up and decided to take a nap as I hadn't slept very well last night.  When I woke up, I noticed that her bedroom vent did not look right.  Upon closer inspection, I could see dirt and mold coming out of the vent and on to the wall.  Last week, Meg and I had talked about her furnace filter as the apartment smelled a little musty, now we knew why.  Meg changed the filter right away and our suspicions were correct.  The filter was wet and had mold growing at the bottom of it. Maintenance was on their way to check the AC shortly after we left for the day.



Meg and I got smoothies for breakfast and then dropped off the Pilot to Doug.  She and I then went to Epcot for the rest of the day.  The Food and Wine Festival was our main focus, but we did ride Figment, Spaceship Earth and Soarin' while we waited for Doug to arrive.  Once he got to the park, we started our journey around the countries trying foods that we hadn't had the last time.  My favorite was the pumpkin ravioli.  I also made sure to get a piece of chocolate cake from the US booth which has become my favorite festival food of all time.  Doug and Meg each got a margarita after we rode Gran Fiesta Tour, and then we did some shopping in Germany and England as well.  Doug was thankful for the light rain as it seemed to keep the crowds low.  Overall, it was a great day, and I was really glad that the three of us were able to enjoy a fun day together.  As an added bonus, the maintenance men were able to completely clean Meg's vent before she got back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment