Friday, September 4, 2026

A New Thrift Store

I drove in to work with Doug today so that we could fly to Indy together this afternoon and only have one car at the airport when we returned.  After I dropped him off, I headed to Baldwin Park for the morning.  While Meg was at a doctor's appointment with the ENT, I went to several furniture stores near her apartment to look for armchairs.  I found some really cute ones but wasn't ready to spend $1200 yet to replace ours yet.  




After Meg's appointment, she and I met at First Watch for brunch.  It has become one of our favorite places to eat.  We both ordered our usual breakfast meal, and I enjoyed listening to her talk about her weekend plans with her new friends from kickball.  After we ate, Meg suggested that we walk to a thrift store that she and Nick had discovered a few weeks ago.  I loved the name and was interested in checking out what they had to offer.




The store was really impressive.  It not only had an area for thrifting, but also a designated pharmacy with free tests for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.  The handed out free condoms to those who wanted them and gave 96% of its profit to HIV related services.  I didn't buy anything but had fun sifting through all of the items for sale.  Meg found several pieces of clothing and was still happily shopping when I left to pick up Doug.  It was a fun start to my weekend, and I was glad that Meg had suggested it.

No comments:

Post a Comment