Last week, my dentist put me on a steroid to help the ligaments surrounding my tooth heal quicker. It definitely helped as within two days of taking them, I felt a lot better. Before I started them, I couldn't even brush my teeth without wincing in pain. By the end of last week, I was almost pain free. I still remained on a soft food diet to give my tooth even more time to heal and to make sure not to reinjure it. By the time I went in this morning to receive my permanent crown, I felt almost 100%.
The downside to taking the steroid was the side effects. It was by far the most wired that I had ever felt in my entire life. I only slept four to five hours a night but wasn't tired at all. I resisted the urge to get up in the middle of the night and work on projects as I read that it was better to read or find a quite activity in bed instead. The worst part was that my brain was incredibly scattered. It was like I had random thoughts flipping through my head at all times, and if I thought of a task, I had to complete it.
Thankfully, I read all of this was normal and since I was on a small dose for a short period of time, there was no reason to call the doctor about it. I had a lot more respect for those with ADHD or who were just naturally hyper after taking the steroid and was glad to return to my normal frame of mind this week. Hopefully, this will end my use of steroids for a while and my tooth pain will all soon be a bad memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment