Last week, Cameron let me know that he would not be able to get us complementary tickets to the Indiana versus Western Kentucky football game in which he would be recognized for being a Director of Student Athletic Board. I was bummed to hear that as we had a lot of fun last year going on the field with him for this honor and our entire family had decided to go to this game this time since it was Cameron's senior year. We had two tickets but really needed seven more. I had hoped that Cameron would get at least an extra two for this event.
Cameron provided me with a link so that we could order tickets which was very nice. I planned to pick up four of them today, and then we would only need three more which I would order this Thursday when they were offered to season ticket holders. My plan seemed like a good one. I was ready at 10 AM with the codes and had two computers up and running to get the four tickets. Within one minute of logging on the thousands of tickets that were offered to friends and family were completely gone and we had none of them. I had never seen anything like that.
Cameron texted me later in the morning to ask me if I got tickets and when I said no, he told me to call the IU ticket office. I called the athletic department and they apologized, but there weren’t any tickets left. I let everybody know that they would probably be on their own for tickets and was completely bummed for the rest of the morning. Cameron called me at lunch and told me that I was not the only parent that hadn't gotten tickets and that he was going to try and call the ticket office. I heard back from him later in the day that he was able to at least get two tickets. They weren’t beside each other, but they were one in front of the other, which would work for our family. Now we just had to wait until Thursday and try to get five more tickets. I wasn’t hopeful but knew that it was my best shot at not paying outrageous prices that were being offered on Seat Geek.
There was good news out of today. Right before the tickets went on sale, Doug received an email letting him know that he could get the family tickets today. The link was the same as ours, so it didn’t get us any more tickets, but it did, however, feature a picture of the SAB directors at a home football game cheering on our beloved Hoosiers. I thought it was pretty cool that Cameron‘s picture was sent out to thousands of IU alumni and was glad that his affiliation with the athletics department at least got us two tickets today. I can’t believe how different everything is from three years ago when tickets were being given to students for free and now, they were only allowed five for the season. I guess it’s the price of having a National Championship football team, so I won't complain too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment