The three of us arrived at 10:30 this morning and headed straight to the bus tour. I had read on the way in that it was the perfect place to start as it would take us on a tour of the main launching pad, give us access to the Apollo missions museum and let us Atlantis as well. It was fascinating to all of us with Doug and I more focused on the 1960s and 70s missions and Cameron more on the current space travel. I was really impressed with how much we learned and how much there still was for us to find out on our own. The only negative on the day was standing under the rocket booster for seven minutes with a crowd of people for a less than awe inspiring "takeoff" experience. Other than that, it was a wonderful day, and we were all glad that we chose to spend it at Kennedy Space Center.
Friday, August 14, 2026
Kennedy Space Center
A few weeks ago, Doug told me that he would like to visit Kennedy Space Center at some point this summer and suggested that I ask Cameron if he would like to go with us. Cameron had told me that he didn't want to overschedule his week while he was with us in Ocala, especially since he had had a very busy summer, so I was surprised when he said that he was definitely interested in making the two-hour trip to Titusville to visit the place where Apollo 11 had launched for its trip to the moon. I was happy that he wanted to go, and thankful that the Space Center was offering a special rate for Florida residents, which saved me almost a $100 on our trip today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment