Cameron had a great first full day of his summer break at home in Ocala. He slept in, signed his offer letter from Owens Corning, and went to lunch with me at Depot on Magnolia which he had never been to before today. He was glad for the quiet day and I appreciated the company. We even made time for a few rounds of Hands Down Yahtzee before Doug came home from work.
There were two things on Cameron's list that he really wanted to do while he was here. First, he wanted to cook. Since we were staying in this evening, it was the perfect time for him to try and make cheeseburger pods that Disney had made famous. He had gotten the recipe for bao buns online and picked out his own ingredients for the filling. I was incredibly impressed with how great they tasted and his ability to replicate one of our favorite theme park meals.
The second thing that Cameron really wanted to do was watch Jaws 2. He had watched the original every year with our family for as long as he could remember, and after seeing the sequel on the Rewatchables list, he decided that he wanted to watch it. Doug and I had seen not seen the film all the way through in years, so we were more than willing to set up the tv on the back patio for a movie night. Jaws 2 was just as good as I remembered and the perfect sequel to the first movie. I was glad that Cameron got the humor out of the gasoline, water-skiing scene without even listening to Bill Simmons talk about it first, and that he enjoyed the last forty-five minutes as much as we did. Overall, it was a wonderful night in Ocala, and I was extremely happy that Cameron was here to share it with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment