Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Summer Break

Cameron arrived this afternoon and he couldn't have been happier to have a week in Florida before school started.  He talked non-stop all the way to Ocala from the airport filling me in on his two days at Grandma and Grandpa's beforehand and his weekend in Southern Indiana.  The biggest topic of conversation, however, was Owens Corning and Cameron's job offer.  He still hadn't come off of cloud nine from that and wanted to go over the benefits with me while we were driving.  I was impressed with the company's bonus structure, relocation stipend, employee stock opportunities and their 401k employer contribution match program.  Although he didn't have to choose his insurance plan yet, we still went over it and talked about what made sense for him.

When Doug got home, the topic continued and Cameron had his dad read his contract.  Once we all agreed that it looked great, we picked Hiatus to celebrate.  I hadn't been there in months, and we enjoyed a beer there before heading to Taco Tuesday at Tijuana Flats.  It was a fun night of hanging out, talking about careers, predicting IU football's success and listening to Cameron's plans for his senior year.  I was glad that the pressure was off this week and we could just focus on having fun and relaxing.  Cameron hadn't been in Ocala since March and Doug and I were definitely looking forward to spending time with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment