Meg arrived last night and the four of us had a lot of fun hanging out at home. We picked up dinner at Publix and then enjoyed an evening of music, time on the back patio and the Wii. Today, we spent the afternoon in downtown Ocala first stopping at the restaurant that Doug and I found a few weeks ago, Blind Eye. Our lunch was delicious and the drinks were fantastic. Cameron and Meg both liked it a lot, and I was glad that we had new places for them to try.
We headed to Silver Springs next to check out both Broke N Records. There were so many vinyls that we really liked, it was hard to choose which ones to bring home. Meg found several that she had been looking for including Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits. I picked up one from Sonny & Cher and Doug got a Gershwin vinyl. I even found Jim Croce and Bob Dylan in the discount bin. I already had the vinyls but knew that the boys would love listening to them. The best score of the day was by Meg, but Cameron was the buyer. It was the soundtrack to the Pink Panther movie. It was the perfect celebration of his job offer from Owens Corning. Before we left the area, I stopped in at Peacock Cottage to pick up a new air plant.
It was really hot today, but we still made time to play several rounds of ping pong. Phil came by afterward, and we played multiple rounds of Chameleon, listened to our new vinyls, and sat out on the back patio enjoying the evening air. Cameron told Phil about his new job, and Meg talked about her and Nick's future plans. It was a fun night, and I was glad to have Cameron and Meg here with us, so much so that I was weepy when the evening was over as I knew that I would really miss this once Cameron headed back to Bloomington.
No comments:
Post a Comment