Several months ago, Doug and I decided to try Crooked Canned Brewery. It was unique in that it featured a local brewery and several food court style restaurants inside one long building. Since he was staying at Meg’s while she out of town, Doug thought it would be a great place for him and I to meet as it was a little over halfway to Baldwin Park from Ocala. I liked the idea because it saved me quite a bit of time in the car and I would still get to see Doug. He and I met after he got off work that night and really loved the place. It not only had beers for Doug to try, but also several food vendors to choose from as well including a barbecue restaurant, an ice cream store, and a pizza place, just to name a few.
A couple of weeks after our visit, we noticed that there was a new Crooked Can Brewery being built along I-75. It was even closer to Ocala and from the looks of it, the place was huge. Doug and I both really wanted to try it as did Meg once she passed it on her way to visit us in July.
The three of us decided that tonight would be the perfect time to try Crooked Can Brewery especially since Meg had not seen Cameron since he arrived and was ready to hang out with him. We were also happy to show him another new place that we had found since his last visit in March. All four of us absolutely loved the brewery. It didn’t quite have all of the restaurant in place yet, but the ones that we tried were fantastic. We started with an appetizer of pork rinds along with a round of beers before picking out dinner. Cameron, Meg, and I had the empanadas which were absolutely delicious while Doug ordered a pizza for him and Cameron to split. Before we left, I treated everyone to dessert from the new donut shop, and we all agreed that the fried s’mores donuts were absolutely delicious. In the end, we all enjoyed the new place very much and it was the perfect place for Cameron to give Meg a surprise gift from his summer internship. It was nice to know that even the pink Panther loved Crooked Can Brewery.
No comments:
Post a Comment