Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Uncle Phil's 50th Birthday

Although we celebrated several weeks ago when we were in Ocala, today was Uncle Phil's actual 50th birthday.  Since we couldn't be there in person, we all texted him today instead.  When he called later in the night to check in with Doug about his favorite college football announcer of all time, I made sure to remind him that he needed to at least text Meg back.  She had mentioned several times that she was waiting for a response and I figured that he might want to know that.  He told us that he wasn't sure what to say, since he had heard from each of us.  He wanted each text to sound unique, but had run out of responses.  Thankfully, Doug's suggestion of "Nifty, nifty, look who's 50!" fell on deaf ears.  I told him that he didn't have to text me back, but I still wasn't going to buy the Rex Grossman jersey that he suggested I get when I move to Florida.  

I heard from everyone later in the evening that Uncle Phil had texted them all.  I was glad to hear that.  Phil has always been important to our children, so it has been a lot of fun having him living in Ocala.  Next year, at least Doug and I will be able to celebrate his 51st in person.  

No comments:

Post a Comment