Friday, March 17, 2023

60 Years - Wow!

Yesterday was my parents 60th anniversary.  What an awesome accomplishment.  I obviously wasn't at their ceremony in 1963, but I had heard stories about it.  I knew that they were married in a quiet ceremony with close family and friends.  Granny helped make the wedding dress and Aunt Jan wore yellow, my mom's favorite color.  I am pretty sure that Uncle Jack was the best man.  After the ceremony, my parents honeymooned in Chicago where they listened to the Indiana basketball state finals while nursing my father's severe nose bleed - his first and last one ever.  I am not sure what they did on the day after their wedding, but I am positive that they enjoyed Chicago and all that it had to offer.

I thought a lot yesterday about that young couple starting out together sixty years ago, not sure where life would lead them, but positive that they wanted to spend it with each other.  So much has happened since that weekend in March - some good, some sad.  I know that they didn't expect to have a son die young, but I bet they also didn't expect to have four grandchildren either.

Overall, I am sure that they have appreciated their time together and the life that they have built.  Although every day may not have been a bouquet of roses, I do know that they have thoroughly enjoyed having their grandchildren live less than two miles from them for the past twenty-five years.  As they look to the future, I realize that there will be fun times ahead for them as well as challenges to face.  For now, I am just happy that they have each other as I couldn't imagine one without the other.  






No comments:

Post a Comment