Friday, March 24, 2023

Girls Night at the Heinisch Home

My friends texted about a month ago asking what night in March worked best for a get together.  I instantly said March 24th as I knew that we would be in Florida for the two weekends beforehand.  That worked well with everyone else and tonight, Betsy, Wendy, Paula and Mary all arrived promptly at 6 p.m. for a nice of living conversation and catching up with one another.  

I hadn't seen any of my friends since October, so I especially enjoyed the get together.  We talked a lot about everyone's upcoming plans.  Wendy had had a grandson since I last saw her in the fall and planned to see him over spring break.  Betsy, Mary and I could all relate to one another as we talked about our last child graduating from high school.  Paula shared with everyone Alex's thoughts about maybe leaving Los Angeles for Miami.  The evening ended with a long discussion about the fate of Milford Middle School.  It was rumored to be closing at the end of this school year to combine with Wawasee Middle School.  Although, no one was sure about whether that would happen or not, everyone was positive that the school year had been filled with some angst due to the discussion.  

When the door close at 11:15 this evening, I was very happy to have visited with my friends.  They were the best part about being a teacher at Milford.  Even so, I was also glad that I was not longer teaching and could just be a bystander tonight as I would have hated to be a part of the drama revolving around the middle school situation this year.  Hopefully, it is all resolved by the next girls night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment