Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Celebrating Uncle Phil's 50th

Since neither Doug nor I were going to be in Ocala for Phil's 50th birthday, we decided to invite him out tonight for a mini-celebration.  Phil wasn't all that excited about celebrating, but was definitely interested in trying a new brewery with us downtown.  I told the guys that I would be the designated driver so they didn't have to worry about the twenty minute drive.  

Our first stop of the evening was at Big Hammock Brewery.  The appetizers were delicious and Phil and Doug really liked the beers that they tried.  My only complaint was that the air conditioning was set way too low.  I was glad that I brought a jacket as it was freezing.  Otherwise, we had a lot of fun.  The next  brewery was also in downtown Ocala and was new for all of us.  The service was spotty, but the outside seating was awesome.  I would definitely go back with our children when the next time they visit.

While we were out, Phil told us that 50 sounded old, but that overall he really didn't feel much different.  He still works out and watches what he eats, so that helps keep him healthy.  While we were together, he also shared some memories from his childhood.  A few stories I had heard and others were new.  All were interesting.   Phil also gave his thoughts on his job and careers in general.  We ended the night with a game of Hearts where Doug destroyed both of us.  Although it was a low key evening, it was still a lot of fun.  



No comments:

Post a Comment