Wednesday, October 26, 2022

When a Stranger Calls

Last week Grandpa Cutes and I were telling Cameron about all of the scary movies that we had watched when we were younger.  As we were talking about some of our favorites, two came to mind that we hadn't seen in a long time.  Grandpa mentioned "I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did", a 1965 thriller that revolved around two teenagers prank calling.  I didn't remember that very well, but did the next one that we talked about - the 1979 thriller, "When a Stranger Calls."  I remembered being extremely scared when I saw it for the first time.  Doug said that he had never watched it, but just seeing the commercials for it scared his nine year old self immensely.

We talked to Cameron about watching the thriller some time this Halloween season.  He said he would try it if he had time.  Once we heard Mike Greenburg talking about it on ESPN during our drive to Wisconsin and how he fell off his parents couch during the scariest scene, Cameron pushed it up on his priority list.  This evening the three of us sat finally found time to watch the movie.  It started off just as scary as I had remembered, especially the scenes with the phone ringing.  The movie lulled for a little bit in the middle, but ended well.  We decided that it wasn't quite a rewatchable, but definitely work watching once.  

Cal and Meg must have decided that it was the perfect night to watch Halloween shows as well.  Meg picked the Disney version of Sleepy Hallow.  I was glad to hear that as it has always been one of my favorites.  Brett was happy with Cal's choice as he finally watched the infamous horror movie, Halloween 3.  I was shocked that he liked it as we all found it to be just awful.  It did remind us, however, of just how catchy the jingle from the movie was and Cameron and I spent the rest of the night singing "Five more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  Five more days to Halloween, Silver Shamrock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment