Tuesday, October 11, 2022

So Many Pictures, So Many Wonderful Memories

One of the many downsizing projects on my to do list before we move next year is to sort through all of the pictures that we have in photo albums, frame and in boxes.  I remember doing it last year with my mom's pictures and Jeanette's, but it didn't quite fill so overwhelming.  That could be because I only had a few tubs to look through of their pictures.  In the Heinisch home, we have nine tubs to sort. 

Since Doug was scheduled to be gone this week, I told myself that I had to get this project started.  My end goal was to put all of our photos into Ziploc baggies organized by year by the end of October.  That way I could also find our old Fashion Farm and Halloween pictures too.  I really wanted to post them on social media this month if possible.  It wasn't quite as easy as I planned as many of the pictures were hard to get out of the photo album pages.  Thus by tonight I was really pleased to have finished three tubs.  

As happy as I was to reduce the amount of photo tubs that we had to store, the best part of the project was looking at all of the memories that we had created over the years.  There were so many fun trips in those tubs - Cincinnati, Chicago, Walt Disney World, Philadelphia just to name a few.  Pictures of fishing, swimming, and riding bikes at Grandma Jane's and Grandpa Cutes' home were abundant.  Precious memories of time spent with Jeanette, Granny and Paw Paw over the years were also found in those tubs.  Birthday parties, preschool programs, holidays, sports action shots and school field trips brought out a lot of smiles from me as well.  I will have to take a break from the picture sorting project for the next couple of days, but can't wait to see what I find in the six tubs when I resume.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment