Monday, October 10, 2022

Covid Boosters & Flu Shots

The newest Covid booster came out in September, but Doug and I decided to wait until October to get it.  We wanted to see what the reactions were to the new formula.  We also weren't sure if we had Covid or not in late July.  We had all of the symptoms, but never tested positive.  The recommendation was to wait at least two months after having Covid, so October seemed to be the best option for both of us.  I told Doug before he left that I would go ahead and try to get my booster as well as a flu shot while he was gone.  

In the past I had gotten a flu shot at the doctor's office.  My first and second Covid vaccines were at the Library in Albion.  The booster last October was done at the Walmart pharmacy.  I thought about going  there again this fall, but had heard that CVS was giving out the newest booster as well flu shots this year.  I was a little leery about using the one in Syracuse as it usually was understaffed with long wait times just to get prescriptions.  

Since it was the only local option, however, I thought I'd give CVS a try.  I scheduled an appointment this morning and was pleasantly surprised with how easy the whole process was.  I arrived ten minutes before my appointment as asked.  I checked in with the technician and within a few minutes of that I was sitting in the chair with a flu shot in my right arm and a Covid Bivalent booster in my left.  I had to wait five minutes before I could leave just to make sure that I didn't have a reaction, but overall it was great to be done and back home in less time that it took me to drive to Walmart.

After my experience I talked my Mom and Dad into singing up to get their boosters and flu shots at CVS as well.  I also signed up Doug for both of his and Meg for her two at CVS in Bloomington on Friday.  The boys opted out of the Covid booster, but I did sign up Cameron for a flu shot at CVS next week.  He wasn't excited about it, but agreed it was important.  Brett has his flu vaccine at work tomorrow.  Now if I can only talk Cal into getting his some time soon.  I'm not sure if that's possible after the response I got from him when I sent him a flu shot reminder text.  "If I get the flu, I can actually miss work."  I can't argue with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment