Thursday, October 13, 2022

Throw Back Thursday

While I was going through pictures this week, I ran across several ones of Jim.  I realized at that time that I had messaged him in awhile.  I checked my Messenger feed and was absolutely shocked to realize that it had been a year since I had corresponded with him.  When I thought about all that had happened during that time period, I decided that it would be best to start with a super long message about our past twelve months to start our conversations again. I sent it out Wednesday night and before I went to bed, I had a message back saying, "I'm calling you tomorrow."  

I sent my phone number out and this afternoon was pleasantly greeted with, "Do you have any caramel apples that I might have?"  I laughed out loud thinking back to our Halloween candy making party that ended with Jim and I crying laughing as we envisioned a caramel apple stuck to his head.  No one else ever quite got that reference, but it was ever so funny to the two of us.

After our atypical greeting, Jim and I spent the next two hours talking about every topic under the sun.  Some were more serious as we caught up on current events in our own lives and those around the world.  Others revolved around our time at IU and the shared memories that we had there.  We talked about the irony of Cameron applying to the University of Florida as we both remembered our vigil for the victims of the "Gainesville Gouger" back when we were in college.  We were also in disbelief that his husband Tim had never heard of Boone's Farm when it was referenced in the Jeffrey Dahmer documentary recently.  It had been our drink of choice at IU.  In the end, I could not believe that two hour had flown by when we finally ended our conversation.  I could have talked for two hours more.  It was definitely a great way to spend an afternoon as I waited for Doug to return from Florida.  I will not let another year go by before I message Jim again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment