Sunday, October 9, 2022

October Birthdays

Yesterday would have been my brother's 59th birthday.  I don't just think of him on that day, but many times throughout the year.  Sometimes those memories produce tears and other times they bring a smile.  Bunk's birthday is always one that brings a smile.  October was not only his birthday month, but his favorite time of the year as well.  For our family it started off the holiday season.  We went from Bunk's birthday, to Halloween, to my birthday, to to my Mom's, to Thanksgiving and then on to Christmas.  It was always an exciting time in our house with decorations and festivities.  Even now I make sure that all of the Halloween decorations are up by October 1st, so that my house is decorated for Bunk's birthday as well.  In my opinion there is no better time to live in Indiana than during the fall.  I'm glad that celebrating Bunk's life is synonymous with such a beautiful season.






No comments:

Post a Comment