Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Alone Again, Naturally

Doug left for Ocala on Sunday night and it has been extremely quiet in our house all week.  Cameron was home Sunday night, but he had Alina over and was busy playing pool and watching Netflix with her.  The rest of the week was filled with shopping for Samuel's birthday, Samuel's 18th birthday party, and the boys soccer regional.  Tomorrow night will be no different as he will have volleyball sectionals and soccer regionals for the girls.  

Tonight Cameron asked if he could stay at Samuel's, so they could watch "Silence of the Lambs."  He had to be at school early tomorrow morning to work the Bruin snack shop, so I was ok with it.  I don't mind Cameron being gone.  I would much prefer him to be busy as he spent enough time at home during Covid.  He has a lot of fun with his friends and the memories that they have been making during his senior year will last a lifetime. 

My mom asked me if I wanted them to come up and watch a movie with me.  I told her that I was fine.  I don't love being alone all of the time, but thankfully, Brett, Doug and Meg call me in the evenings.  Those talks along with the texts that I get from Cal, almost make it feel like they're all here with me.  Thankfully, Doug will be home Thursday night and we have a full weekend of activities planned in Bloomington.  I can't wait for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment