Wednesday, October 3, 2018

One Last Project

The last year that I taught I spent quite a bit of time making a mental list of all of the projects that I wanted to complete after I resigned my position.  From eating healthy to cleaning out the bedrooms, the list was long, but it kept me motivated on my most frustrating days at school.  As soon as June hit and my summer began I started on my list.  Since June 3rd I have accomplished much - 10,000+ steps a day, eating healthy, the 2016 photo album complete, the basement picked up, the mudroom organized, Meg and Cam's rooms cleaned out, school binders done, and so much more.  Yesterday I finished one more project - cleaning out the spare bedroom upstairs.  I had originally planned on making it into Cal's room.  Since Brett hasn't been home much and Cal prefers the basement bedroom, I changed it into a guest room.  With the guest room now cleaned I realized that I was down to my last project from my mental list of last year and I started on that tonight - the 2017 photo album.

Once I realized that I was close to completing this list, true to my personality, I started another one.  In fact I already have several projects in mind for the winter and even next fall including painting, deep cleaning, job searching with Brett and getting ready for Meg's graduation.  The best part of finishing my current list was not that I could move on to another, but the fact that I felt as thought I was finally finished with my teaching days.  With the list I created last year to help me get through the long days of school complete, I will no longer think to myself "when I quite teaching I want to finish . . ."  Instead I will just be content with my daily to-do list as a mom and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment