Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Productive Day

Today was an unusually busy day for me.  I started the morning with my typical routine of picking up, making beds and putting laundry away. After that I left for Warsaw.   Jen's brother had died last week and today was his funeral service.  I wasn't quite sure what the service would be like.  Jeff had suffered from mental illness since his college days and kept to himself a lot.  I was so incredibly impressed with his funeral and those who spoke.  They did not shy away from the struggles that he had endured.  They focused on his relationship with his family and had one of his friends from high school share memories from his life before the voices started.  I was glad that I went.  It gave me a lot of time to reflect on the friendship that Jen and I started thirty-five years ago.

Once the service was over I went to the courthouse to vote.  I had decided to do so as I would then avoid the questions at the community center.  As always it was fun to vote for Doug.  He was running unopposed, so we knew he would win, but it was nice just the same.  Amanda texted me when I left to let me know that she could cut my hair earlier than my 2:30 appointment if I wanted.  I took her up on it and met her shortly after lunch.

I made it home in time to walk before I had to pick up Cam.  It has been harder to motivate myself these past few days as the weather is cold and windy.  It wasn't too bad, however, and I easily got my 10,000 steps in for the day.  We didn't get home until close to six from Cam's practice.  He said that he enjoyed it.  He ate chicken pizza while I filled out the medical records for our new doctor.  My other projects for the day were to contact Nordictrack about our faulty touch screen, change our Discover accounts and fix our DirectTV app.  NordicTrack could not repair the elliptical screen, but agreed to ship a new one to us.  Unfortunately, DirectTV was not as helpful with the issue we were having with them and I ended that call in frustration.  I was able to resolve the problem later and change all of our accounts that needed updated with our new Discover card.  I definitely was glad that Doug made it home early enough from the basketball meeting to take me to dinner tonight.  It was a nice way to end a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment