Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween

For the first time in our twenty years of living in the Country Cove neighborhood there were no Heinisch children among the trick or treaters tonight.  Cam went to a party at Samuel's and Meg went trick or treating with Jackie in Goshen.  Thus, there were no pictures on the front porch to share or Heinisch children home watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" while swapping candy with their friends at the end of the night.

It didn't really make me sad, but it definitely felt strangely quiet in our house tonight.  Doug didn't even make it home for trick or treating this evening as he worked late.  For awhile I wasn't even sure that we would have anybody stop by as it was pretty slow until about 6:20 or so.  My parents did come up in case I needed to leave and pick up Cameron.  I was glad that they stayed, so someone else could enjoy all of the costumes coming to our door.  The most popular costume of the night seemed to be a giant blow up dinosaur.  It was neat to look at, but I think that it would have been hard to walk  around in while wearing it.

Even though the day was quiet and the night started slow, it was a nice Halloween.  Doug, Cam and Meg all made it home safe and sound.  I did not give out all of the candy, so there was some left for everyone.  Mom had brought up a gift for them to enjoy as well.  I finished the evening by watching one of my favorite scary movies - Vincent Price's Wax Museum.  It was the perfect Halloween movie for me - not too scary or violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment