Thursday, June 8, 2023

The Bear

After finishing Jury Duty, I wasn't sure what to watch next.  I had absolutely loved the show and didn't think that I'd be able to become vested in another serious for awhile.  My regulars, Survivor and Blue Bloods, had finished for the season and there weren't any movies that I was interested in watching.  When Cal was home this week, he had suggested "The Bear" on Hulu.  It was about a renowned chef that had come back home to Chicago to run his family's original beef restaurant.  His brother had been in charge of it, but had recently killed himself.  I wasn't sure if I would like it, but the episodes were short and season two was set to come out soon with Bob Odenkirk of "Better Call Saul" fame as part of the cast.  Knowing that I decided to give it a try.

I started the first first episode and instantly was hooked.  It was intense, but heartwarming at the same time.  I really like all of the characters and found myself rooting for them as they worked hard to keep the restaurant afloat.  Life wasn't easy, but they just trying.  They were also very honest with each other which I really appreciated.  The last episode of the season was the best and left me anxious for season two.  Thankfully, wont' have to wait long as it is set to come out June 23rd.  I have no idea what's in store next for The Bear, but if it's half as good as season one, I know that I will really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment