Friday, June 9, 2023

Rocking It Back to the 1980s.

When I realized that this week would be very long, I reached out to Paula to see if she wanted to get dinner tonight.  I was really glad when she answered "Yes!" right away.  We picked 6 p.m. as the time and she arrived tonight soon after.  We hadn't decided on a place, but once she suggest Lake Life, I was ready to give it a try.  Paula really liked it and I had never been there.  

On the drive to Barbee Lake, we caught up on everything going on in our lives.  I love talking to Paula as she is always very honest and extremely supportive.  I never have to worry about what I say and I never repeat anything that she told me in confidence.  We were soon at the new restaurant and I wasn't too surprised to see how packed it was.  Thankfully, a table had just opened up on the top deck where we could sit outside, watch the boats go by and listen to the live music.  I was impressed with the menu as there were a lot of food and drink choices.  I knew that the rest of the Heinisch family would enjoy it as well.

Our conversation from the car turned from our families to shared memories from our high school and college days.  I don't know if it was the 1980s music that the band was playing or the fact that it was just the two of us talking about old times, but I really enjoyed the night.  It was the first time in a long time that I felt completely relaxed.  It felt so nice and I loved the walk down memory lane.  It was the perfect way to spend a Friday night - Good friends, great conversation, wonderful food and awesome music.  I can't wait to do it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment