Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Cal's Visits

Cal headed back to Chicago today.  I am always sorry to see him leave, but this time more so than others.  I really appreciated having him here for Father's Day, but realized that soon it would not be as easy for him to visit us.  Cal is a last second planner, so being only two and a half hours away makes for a quick trip home when he has a few days.  It isn't much longer to fly to Florida, but Cal will have to plan ahead for those visits to work.  I was sad when I thought about the fact that maybe I wouldn't get see him as much as I had these past three years.

I finally told Doug what was bothering me.  Although I was really excited about moving to Florida, I wasn't quite sure how that would affect us seeing Cal.   I also told him that the other three Heinisch children plan a lot further in advance, so I've never been worried about visiting them or having them come to Ocala.  Doug looked at me and said, "You're right.  Cal is a last second planner and coming to Florida won't be as easy for him as it was to Syracuse.  With that in mind, it just means that we'll have to visit Chicago more.  Problem solved."  Those words made this mom's heart smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment