Saturday, June 3, 2023

Open House Season

Cameron spent the good portion of his weekend at graduation open houses.  I believe last year that he went to everyone's in the senior class at Bethany.  This year he had to miss a few due to his own open house, Meg's engagement party and his work schedule.  Even so, he will have made it to quite a few this year.  

I am impressed with Cameron ability to attend as many open houses as possible.  I realized after last weekend that I just didn't have the stamina for party hopping anymore.  Thankfully, we only had Evan Brower's this weekend.  I enjoyed talking to him, seeing his accomplishments and visiting with Mary.  It also gave me a chance to catch up with Sharon (Boatwright) Vester.  

Today as we working on taking down some of the posters, banners, trophies and tables from Cameron's open house, I realized that I was very thankful that we had always held ours right after graduation.  It was a lot of work getting ready for it and stressful at times coordinating the celebration at our home with graduation, but we always had a nice turn out and could relax as soon as they were over.  I am amazed at those who hold them in late June or early July as I just couldn't wait that long and neither could the rest of our family.  Thankfully, that is something that I will never have to worry about again.  Glad that we ended on a positive note with four successful open houses of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment