Wednesday, June 7, 2023

A Nice Week for a Visitor

 Doug left for Florida on Sunday and I was very sad to see him go.  The closer we get to moving, the harder it is for me to watch him leave.  I should be used to it, but I've always hated it when we are not together.  I told him that it was the first time since he was living in DeKalb and I was in Syracuse, that I wanted to chase down his car and beg him to stay.

Fortunately, after that first hour, I did pretty well with Doug's first few days in Florida.  Cameron kept me busy with IU Orientation tasks, setting up a new checking at KeyBank, and finding addresses for thank you cards.  Cal also decided to come home this week which was very nice.  I enjoyed watching movies with him and playing cards with he, Grandma and Grandpa.  I was also glad that he was able to get into visit the dentist, and that Grandpa and I were able to put his Illinois license plates on the CR-V.  The back was easy, but we had to drill holes for the front plate.  It looked great when we were finished and Cal appreciated it very much.  While I was driving his car, I realized that the tire light was back on from his Memorial Day visit.  Monteith had an opening this morning and soon found out the culprit - a screw in the tire.  I was relieved that it got fixed before he left for Chicago this evening.  I will miss him as always, but incredibly thankful for the time together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment