Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Sights of Ocala

Our first stop of the day was one of Brett's favorite stores - Barnes & Noble.  He has really missed shopping there since the book store closed in Bloomington several years ago.  We definitely made the most of our time there.  Brett found two books that he was looking for and I even made a purchase.  I couldn't resist "The Myths and Mysteries of Florida" including a story about the infamous Florida Skunk Apeman.  We finished our shopping tour of Ocala at the Paddock Mall.  While I was buying Doug shorts at Belk's and candles at Yankee Candle, Brett did a lot of exploring.  He said that it was nice to be in a mall that actually had all of it stores open.  

Lunch was at Tijuana Flats with Doug.  It was the perfect break to Doug's work day and Brett enjoyed his quesadilla.  After we dropped Doug off at Winco, Brett and I headed to Silver Springs State Park.  We were fortunate to get seats on the 2 p.m. glass bottom boar tour which was loading just as we arrived.  Brett loved the boat tour as much as I did.  Besides all of the fish and springs, we even caught a glimpse of a female alligator.  I told him that it was my third time and I had a different captain on each trip.  They all had different stories to tell which I really enjoyed.  We walked along a few of the paths afterward before deciding that we had had enough of the heat.










Tonight, Doug and I took Brett to downtown Ocala for dinner.  We knew that he would really like the Brick City Southern Kitchen, and he did.  He tried the smoked turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy.  He said that he enjoyed it even more than last night's Jock Lindsey Hangar Bar.  We then made a stop at Grandpa Joe's candy store for a few goodies before we left the square.  The rest of the night was spent playing Ticket to Ride.  It was a wonderful day in Ocala.

No comments:

Post a Comment