Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day 2022

Mother's Day 2022 looked a little different than holidays in the past.  Doug and Meg were both traveling to Florida and Brett was in Bloomington working.  Cal was returning from a fun weekend in Las Vegas and Cameron spent the afternoon playing golf with Grandpa.  We had never really made a big deal out of Mother's or Father's Day, but at first I was a little sad thinking about being alone for most of the day today.

In the end it turned out to be a very nice day.  Grandma and I spent the afternoon buying flowers for my yard and planters.  I thought while Doug was gone this week, the planting would keep me busy.  Once Cameron got home, we listened to Juice Wrld and opened my Mother's Day gift.  Cameron had picked out a pair of sunglasses for me which I absolutely loved.  I also opened Doug's card and appreciated that he left one for me before he headed to Brett's last night.

Grandma and Grandpa invited Cameron and I to dinner tonight to celebrate Mother's Day.  Cameron chose the new Mexican restaurant in town and we both enjoyed our meal and the company.  The highlight of the evening was watching Grandpa flinging his teeth on the ground.  Grandma loved the hanging basket that we got her and I enjoyed the bag of snacks that they gave me.  

Cal decided that he wanted to spend Mother's Day at home which was very nice considering that he had just flown in from Vegas.  He was tired when he arrived at 9 p.m., but made time to watch a few episodes of Seinfeld while finishing off the leftovers from dinner.  I didn't know what to expect today with half of the Heinisch home busy this year on Mother's Day .  Overall, it was a very nice day and proved that just being the Mom of the Heinisch four was enough to make the holiday special.  



No comments:

Post a Comment