Monday, May 2, 2022

Drake

Cameron got home a little later than usual from golf practice.  He had stopped by the girls tennis senior night for awhile.  Unfortunately, their opponents were a no show, but that didn't stop the cookout celebrating the graduating girls from happening anyway.  Cameron called on his way to Syracuse to fill me in on his practice.  They were only able to play eight holes, 1-7 and 9.  He was happy to report that he was one over at the end of the abbreviated round.  He hoped to play as well tomorrow at Bent Oak, but with Tuesday's forecast full of rain, he doubted that they would even have a match.

Cameron had to work on a paper for English as soon as he arrived.  He asked me if I wanted to listen to his new Drake album while he was writing.  I had never really listened to Drake before, but was willing to give him a try.  Over the next hour and a half, Cameron and I finished all four sides of his newest album.  Before I began listening to music with Cameron, I really didn't know much about hip hop/rap.  Meg was more into pop music and now listens to a lot of classics.  Brett's musical tastes are very eclectic.  Cal did go through an Eminem phase and I really liked the Detroit rapper, but it was different than what Cameron has has introduced to me from  that genre.  

Tonight, Cameron asked me what I thought as the last of Drake's songs ended.  I was happy to tell him that I enjoyed it for the most part.  We ranked the four vinyls that he has with Kid Cuti still my favorite overall and Drake topping Cameron's list of rappers.  I never really thought that I would spend much time in my life listening to rap or hip hop, but as with all of the Heinisch children interests, I'm always willing to give it a try.  It was a nice way to spend a night at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment