Tuesday, May 17, 2022

A Match Worth Walking For

Tonight Cameron had his second match of the season at Knollwood Country Club.  It was also the second time that he had played against both ECA and Trinity.  Thus, there was a lot of familiarity to tonight's match.  Meg drove me over so that I could ride home from South Bend with Doug.  She was going to stay and watch, but Sarah wanted to get together with her tonight, so she made plans to watch Cameron play on Thursday at Black Squirrel instead.  Grandma and Grandpa weren't able to attend tonight's match either as Grandpa had a town council meeting.

Cameron teed off on number 12 once again.  I was a little bit behind his group, so I walked up the hilly fairway with the number two golfers.  I got about twenty yards down the hole and I strongly thought about calling Doug and telling him that I would wait for them at the clubhouse.  The joints in my left leg were absolutely killing me.  I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to walk nine holes on uneven ground.  I decided to at least give it a try and in the end was very glad that I did.

Cameron had working on slowing down his swing this week and it paid off today.  He hit the ball very well and matched scores with both the Trinity and ECA number ones.  At the end of seven holes he was only two over par.  I was impressed.  He finished the night tied for low medalist with a 40.  The Bruins beat ECA and barely lost to Trinity.  Overall, it was a great match for Bethany and I was glad that I decided to walk along.  







No comments:

Post a Comment