Tuesday, May 10, 2022

An Impromptu Visit

Cal called Saturday from Las Vegas to let me know that he was having a lot of fun.  He had lost some money, but not enough to ruin the good time that he was having.  At the end of our conversation he mentioned that he was thinking about coming home on Sunday.  I reminded him that his Dad would be in Florida, but he said that he didn't mind.  He was hoping to be home for Mother's Day.

Cal texted me once his flight landed on Sunday afternoon to let me know that he would be home that evening.  Cameron and I were happy to see him.  He was pretty tired from his four day weekend in Vegas, but did make time to watch a few episodes of Seinfeld.  It was a nice Mother's Day surprise.  

Cal worked from home on Monday.  It was great to eat lunch with him.  It's usually pretty quiet at home, so I appreciated the company even if I only saw him for a minute or two when he ran up to get a cup of coffee.  He got off work in time to join Grandma, Grandpa and I at the Tippy Country Club for Cameron's match against Wawasee.  He not only got to see Cameron finish as low medalist, but also visited with a bag boy and an assistant pro that he worked with several summers ago.  He even got to see his old high school golf coach.  Afterward he played Racko with Cameron, Grandma and Grandpa.

Today was a quiet day for him as he spent the majority of it working.  I did get to eat lunch and dinner with him which was very nice.  Before he left, we got the outdoor table and chairs that he wanted from our house for his new apartment into the CR-V.  I was impressed that it all fit as it wasn't overly flexible.  He was excited for his move and I couldn't wait to see his new place.  I was sad when he left tonight as I always am when any of the Heinisch children leave, but very glad that he had taken the time to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment