Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Binge Watching Ozark

 I was really disappointed when I realized that Doug would be gone for part of this week and next for work.  Over the weekend we talked about a few projects that I could do around the house while he was gone.  This week wouldn't be as bad as he was only going to be away from home Monday night through Wednesday afternoon for a board meeting in Phoenix.  'With such a quick turn around and a long flight, I knew that he wouldn't miss home, but I was sad thinking about all of the alone time that I was facing.

That feeling changed, however, when I realized that the second half of season 4 of Ozark was being released on April 29th.  I was thankful that I would have something to keep me busy and my mind occupied while he was traveling.  I made sure not to watch any of the new episodes before Monday as I knew once I started the show, I would never be able to turn it off.  Over the weekend I did rewatch the last episode from the first half of season four to reacquaint myself with all that had happened, but stayed away from social media to avoid any spoiler posts.

I started Ozark Monday before Doug even left for Midway.  By the time he had reached Chicago, I had already finished three episodes.  The show was just as good as it always had been with twists and turns at every corner.  Wendy became even more of a villain than in previous seasons.  I actually texted Cal and asked him if it was wrong to wish for her to be killed off on the show.  We both agreed that Ruth and Marty had solidified their positions as our favorite characters even more so this time as they took on the Mexican cartel and seemed to be winning.

Cameron came home Monday night and wanted me to listen to his Drake album, so I took a break from Ozark for awhile.  Before I went to bed, however, I made sure to finish the fourth episode.  Cal had binged watched the entire season on Monday.  He wanted to talk about the show on Tuesday after work and I didn't want anyone to accidentally tell me how it ended.  Thus, I was up early ready to finish Ozark as soon as Cameron left for school on Tuesday.

I watched two episodes right away and then had to take a break.  The second to the last episode had become extremely intense and I wanted to digest those before I watched the finale.  My parents were on the same episode as I was before leaving to vote.  They were also on the same page as Cal and I, hoping for the demise of Wendy and a way out of trouble for Ruth and Marty.  In the end we were all disappointed with who survived and who did not, but that didn't change our excitement for the show.  Cal and I discussed it at length Tuesday night.  We realized that it had to end the way it did, but it was definitely sad.  Cal still ranked Breaking Bad and The Wire above Ozark, but for me I quickly escalated Ozark to the number one spot of all of the series that I have watched.  As we hung up the phone, I realized that I had finished Ozark before Doug had completed his board meeting - perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment