Thursday, March 31, 2022

The Chaos of A Change of Plans

Yesterday was a crazy day in the Heinisch home.  We found out Tuesday night that Cameron’s friend, Richard, would not be able to travel to Ocala for spring break with us.  Cameron was disappointed to hear that, but happy to find out that his family would be in Orlando during their break.  Thus, Cameron would still be able to get together with him in Florida.  Once we knew that Richard could not travel with us, Cameron and I decided to ask my parents if they would like to go to Florida for spring break with us.  I talked with them this morning and they were definitely interested.  I then had to wait until lunch when Doug was free to make sure that it worked with his schedule.  He was on board with the change, so I started making plans for the new trip.  


Shortly after I got off the phone with my parents, Doug’s dad called.  They had decided that they wanted to purchase a home in On Top of the World and needed to get ahold of a realtor ASAP.  I was a little taken off guard by the phone call as they had texted us yesterday to let us know that they were think of moving to the retirement community, but wanted to wait until the fall to look at homes.  I was busy with Brett at the time, but thankfully, we knew a realtor through Doug’s work that was able to drop what she had scheduled for today to help them out.  

Because Carl and Marina were going to be in Ocala on Saturday, Doug decided that he would like to change our plans and leave a day early.  That way he could be there when they walked through the houses and get a feel for that area of Ocala.  I was ok with that, but it did change my immediate plans.  I had to check with my parents and Cameron to make sure that they were ok with leaving early.  Once they were on board, I starting making plans to leave Friday morning at 6 a.m.  It cut short some of my time with Brett, but we had had a great day yesterday and the extra time gave him an opportunity to finish a video game that he had been working on and make some campaign calls.  We did get time in to take a walk before his dentist appointment which I really appreciated.


This morning when Cameron left for school I realized that there was a good possibility that he would not have practice today.  It was freezing cold with only a high of 41 degrees today plus a chance of snow showers.  I called Doug immediately and he decided that we should be prepared to leave tonight if Cameron was home early.  I then let my mom know and then started to get everything ready for us to leave.  I didn't have a lot of packing to do, but I did need to clean, stop our mail, buy snacks and do laundry.  Doug helped me finish up when he got home at 5 p.m. 


Cameron did still have practice, but got out early.  We were all on the road by 6:30 and due to light traffic, we were in Bloomington by 9:45.  We were glad that Meg and Brett were able to host us for the night on such short notice.  We had fun visiting with them and enjoyed a dinner of Pizza X breadsticks and pizza before calling it a night.  It was definitely an exhausting day.  I got 10,000 steps just getting ready to leave.  With the snow today and the prediction for more tomorrow, I was thankful that we were able to pull it all together and get out of Indiana a day early.  

No comments:

Post a Comment