Wednesday, March 9, 2022

New Glasses

Going to the eye doctor has always been extremely stressful for me.  I believe that I might be one of the few people that actually prefers the dentist to the optometrist.  There are two reason that I do not like my yearly eye check.  The first is that having my eyes dilated has always caused a severe migraine for me.  The last time that I had them dilated I was out for the rest of the day.  The second reason is that I have such a strong prescription that it is always expensive for me to get new glasses.  

Because of these reasons, I try to only go to the eye doctor every two years.  In general my prescription does not change enough to warrant new glasses more than that.  Something has changed in my eyesight in the last couple of years, however.  Instead of it getting worse, it has actually gotten better.  Thus, my prescription has been too strong and has caused vision disturbances because of it.  

When I realized that I would need to make an eye doctor appointment, I started to panic.  I really did not want to have my eyes dilated, but I did want someone to check the health of my eyes.  As I contemplated calling Grossnickle for a check-up, I remembered that Cameron and Meg's eye doctor used a special eye x-ray machine that would give the doctor the same information as having my eyes dilated.  I thought that it would be worth trying and called to see if he was taking new patients.  Thankfully, he was and I scheduled an appointment for this morning.

Overall, it was a lot better experience than I had at Grossnickle's.  I not only avoided having my eyes dilated, but I also got in and out a lot quicker than I had at my previous appointments.  I was able to get both a contact and eye glasses exam and Dr. Caughill even took my insurance.  Thus, I could order my glasses directly from Warsaw Family Eye Care.  I was pleased with the overall experience and found the perfect pair of glasses for me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment