Wednesday, March 23, 2022

A Crummy Start to Spring

This week started off wonderful with temperatures in the fifties and sixties on both Sunday and Monday. There was a lot of sunshine and very little wind.  I  took advantage of the beautiful weather by taking long walks for exercise and filling my bird feeders.  As Sunday was the first day of spring, I hoped that the weather would stay.  Maxwelton had opened for the season and it would have been great if Cameron was able to take advantage of his membership.  Unfortunately, that has not been the case.  The past two days have been filled with cold temperatures and a lot of rain.  I was still able to take a couple of short walks in between rain showers, but it wasn't quite as fun.  Cameron had his golf practice cancelled due to poor weather tonight and could only hit a bucket of golf balls yesterday before the temperature got too cold to continue.  Maxwelton was closed today with very little chance of being open tomorrow or Friday.

The forecast doesn't look much better for the next few weeks.  The average temperature will not reach much above fifty degrees and there is a lot more rain expected.  I was really bummed to see that.  Last year we had gorgeous weather for the week of spring break.  I'm hopeful that the predictions will change, but right now I'm planning on a cool, rainy spring vacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment