Friday, March 18, 2022

A Day of Rest

We made it home last night by 11 p.m.  We were all exhausted when we got out of the car, but happy to be home.  Doug and I decided that the next time we drove it that we would pack our own food for lunch and dinner.  That would save us about an hour on the drive as fast food just really isn't that quick anymore.  We were glad this time, however, that we were able to try Buc-ee's as it was important to Meg.

I was the first one up this morning as Cameron had to leave at 6:30 a.m. for Bethany.  He had a band field trip to Indianapolis today and didn't want to be late for the bus.  Doug was up next as he wanted to make it into work by 7:30 this morning.  He had quite a bit to do and wanted to get a start on it.  Once he left I went back to bed.  I was really tired from our week in Florida and wanted to catch up on some sleep.  I woke up a little later when I heard a dog walking through the house.  For a brief moment I thought it was Winston, but then realized that Nick was over with Millie.  He and Meg had walked her down to Grandma Jane's this morning.  I got up to say hello to her before she and Nick headed back to Goshen.            

I spent the afternoon working on Meg's laundry, taking a walk and organizing.  Cameron had lost his graphing calculator and was hoping that I'd be able to track it down.  I was planning on spending quite a bit of time searching for it.  Fortunately, it was in the first place that I looked.  The big red chair had swallowed it while Cameron was studying one night.  It definitely wasn't the first calculator that I had found in that chair.

Meg kept herself busy today.  Besides taking a long walk with Millie, she got a haircut and helped Nick's family move to the farm house.  Nancy took her to Grandma's Pantry and tonight she went with his family to the Essenhaus in Middlebury for dinner.  She had never been there and Kyle insisted that she try it.  She enjoyed the homestyle buffet and sent Grandma Jane a picture of her noodles and mashed potatoes.  






I was afraid that Doug would have to work late tonight, but he was able to make it home by 6 p.m.  Since Cameron and Meg were gone, we decided to have cheese and sausage for dinner.  Doug also made refried bean dip which was very good.  We spent the evening playing Ticket to Ride and watching March Madness.  Illinois won a close game which was exciting to see.  Meg and Cameron both made it home by 11 p.m.  Cameron was really tired from his field trip, but enjoyed it very much.  Meg had had a great day with the Yoder family as well.  I was happy for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment