Thursday, December 9, 2021

Road Trip

One negative about Doug and I both traveling to Florida last week was that I would have to pick him up at the airport today.  Normally, I don't mind the trip, but this time his flight didn't get in until 10:05 tonight.  I was worried that it would be delayed and make for a complicated drive home.  Fortunately, that didn't happen and I was able to meet him at the arrival gate at 10:15 p.m.  I was tired, but thankful for the time with him in the Pilot on the way home.  He had been extremely busy this week and I hadn't talked to him very much.

Besides seeing Doug another huge positive of picking him up in Indianapolis today was that I got to spend the afternoon and early evening in Bloomington.  While there I got to take a long walk with Meg to her first class of the day, rearrange some of the items that we had stored at Brett's, help him sort his laundry, go to the Union for pizza with Meg, watch an episode of Saved By the Bell at her apartment, and see Brett for about an hour before I left for the airport.  It made for a very exhausting day, but one that I enjoyed very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment