Saturday, December 11, 2021

Covid Woes

Last night I received a text from my mom to let me know that my Aunt Vicky was in the hospital with Covid pneumonia. She had been really sick and we all had been worried that it was the dreaded virus.  I messaged Jess right away to see if she knew anything else.  She let me know that her mom was going to be admitted to the hospital and that she was very sick.  She was obviously very upset.  I couldn't blame her as it would be scary, especially since Aunt Vicky had not been vaccinated and also had several health issues that could complicate a bout with the coronavirus.  I texted the Heinisch children right away and asked them for prayers for "Aunt Bebe."

Today we did get some good news as Aunt Bebe was doing a little bit better.  She was on oxygen and several different medications, but had seen some improvement.  We were all glad to hear that and could finally relax enough to laugh at what happened after I sent out the prayer request to our children.  Shortly after I sent something out, Brett responded with this meme:


When I first saw it, I was confused.  I was afraid that he was making fun of the situation.  That wouldn't make sense coming from Brett, but didn't know how to respond.  I decided to call Meg to see what she thought.  She hadn't seen the meme yet as she was on the phone with Nick, but once she looked at it, she said to me, "What the F*#@ is that?"  I started laughing right away and so did she.  We decided that Brett probably hadn't read my message as it just didn't make sense.  Brett called after I talked to Meg and was able to confirm that he hadn't read my message and was actually trying to send the meme to his friend Alex.  He got a good laugh out of it as he agreed that even for him it didn't make sense.  Cameron got home around the time that Brett called and enjoyed the humor of it all as well.

I was a little surprised that I never heard from Cal yesterday at all about Aunt Bebe.  I knew that he would be worried about her and thought he'd check in at some point.  I finally found out the reason today when he called.  He said that he was used to getting interesting memes form Brett and didn't want to rip on him, but just couldn't figure out what he meant with the wine drinking meme in response to my request for prayers.  Fortunately, I could alleviate his fears on both parts.  Aunt Bebe was getting better and Brett wasn't crazy.  He was glad to hear that and decided that all texts about family members being gravely ill had to be sent with this meme included in the message.  When I hung up the phone, I realized that I was never more thankful for our family than this weekend and appreciated the fact that in this scary time we could at least find some humor in it all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment