Monday, December 13, 2021

A Day Out of the House

It's rare that I spend an entire day outside of the Heinisch home, but that was the case today.  The first errand on my agenda was to drop Cameron's jacket off at Teresa's.  He had received a chevron for tennis at the fall awards program and wanted to add it to his sleeve.  It was a challenge for her to attach it, especially with the thick leather on the arms, but she was able to do it.  It looked great and gave me a chance to catch up with her as well.  We hadn't seen Teresa or the Fitzgerald family since Meg graduated from high school and it was nice to hear that she was doing well after her bout with breast cancer.  

While I was in Warsaw, I decided to do some shopping as well.  I stopped at Aldi, Menards and Walmart for groceries and other household items.  I was happy to find the correct filters for our humidifier as the last ones I bought were a little big and hard to trim.  Since it was such a beautiful day and a car wash was right beside Aldi, I decided to run the Pilot through it.  I wasn't the only one with that idea as there were close to twenty cars ahead of me.  Thankfully, it moved quickly and I soon had a clean car.  My last shopping stop was Rocket Fizz.  I wanted to pick up some fun gifts for the Heinisch family Christmas and it was the perfect place for it.  

My busy day wasn't quite done once I arrived home.  Doug called as soon as I walked in the door.  He needed me to do a few things on the computer for him.  It took a little while, but I finally finished it.  I waited to put the groceries away until I ate lunch.  It was close to 4 p.m. and I was more than ready for some eggs and tuna.  The last item on my agenda was putting away Cameron's laundry.  He arrived shortly after I finished and gave me the details on his day.  He still wasn't feeling the greatest, but didn't have as much homework tonight.  Thus, he could spend some time resting.  

I got in a short walk before Doug called to say he was leaving work.  I was completely worn out by the time he arrived.  I still had a few items that I wanted to finish including writing in several Christmas cards and ironing Cameron's shirt.  I decided to call it a day and wait to work on those tomorrow as I was just too tired for another project.  In the end it was the perfect night to relax in front of the television.  While I was looking for something for us to watch, I discovered that YouTubeTV had added the Game Show Network to their lineup.  I couldn't believe it as it was the one channel that I had really missed when we gave up DirectTV.  I spent an hour watching "America Says" while Doug was busy working on the computer.  I did tear myself away from my all time favorite channel to find a movie for us once he finished.  We scored big when I found "Driving Miss Daisy."  We hadn't seen it in years and it was the perfect way to end a very busy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment