Thursday, December 16, 2021

Game Show Network

 We were very happy when we switched from DirectTV to YouTubeTV several years ago.  The savings was immense and the ability to add shows and movies to our virtual library was fantastic.  We could also share the service with the Heinisch children, even those that weren't living in our home.  Overall it was a great choice, but there was one disappointment.  YouTubeTV had a multitude of channels, but the one that was missing was my absolute favorite.  The GameShow Network was nowhere to be found on the new streaming service.  I was bummed, but knew that I would much rather save a $100 a month than watch game shows.

Over the past two years, I had checked other ways to get the GameShow Network, but I wasn't able to find anything affordable or easy to use.  Therefore, this week when I saw that it was added to our YouTubeTV channel list, I was thrilled.  I turned it on immediately and watched two episodes of "America Says", a newer game show that we all really enjoyed when it first came out.  I found it really funny the next day when I turned it back on to see that the lineup from two years ago hadn't really changed very much.  I was very happy with that as it meant that my all time favorite game show, The Match Game, was still on in the afternoons.  I have now scheduled my lunch around the show, making sure that I am ready everyday at 1 p.m. to enjoy the show along with my eggs and tuna.  

With all of the excitement of gaining a new channel, however, I am concerned about an email that I received from YouTubeTV recently.  They said that they were in negotiations with Disney, but might have to drop their channels from their streaming service.  The Disney part didn't really concern me as we had Disney +, but since Disney also owns ESPN, I became extremely worried about how the guys would still be able to watch their favorite sports.  Cal and Doug felt that it would be worked out by the December 17th deadline.  I wasn't as sure, so I started looking for ways to watch ESPN without dropping YouTubeTV.  Now that I have the GameShow Network back, I definitely do not want to give it up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment