Thursday, December 2, 2021

Back in Florida

For the third time in six weeks, Doug and I flew to Florida again last night.  He had to work in Ocala for the next few days.  He had asked me to go with him as he had also some exploring that he wanted me to do.  I would miss Cameron while we were gone, but since he had plans almost everyday this week, I thought it was a good time to go.  Our flight went well yesterday afternoon, in fact, it was the easiest, quickest flight we had been on this year.  Since we were already in Orlando, Doug picked Rock N Brews for dinner.  It was extremely close to the airport and we both had liked it in the past.  The pizza was just as good as we remembered, but the best part was the atmosphere.  The MTV videos on the large screen were fun to listen to and brought back a lot of memories from our college days.  

We arrived close to ten last night to our hotel, stopping at the Wawa first to pick up a few snacks.  This morning we spent a couple of hours working on a few things in Ocala.  After an early lunch at McAllister's, Doug headed to Winco for the rest of the day.  I spent my time walking at Sholom Park, shopping at Bell's and resting at the hotel.  Before I picked Doug back up at work, I had time to check out the outdoor shopping plazas in Ocala.  My trip led me to Marshall's and Barnes & Noble.

Doug wanted to eat downtown tonight and I wanted to see the lights on the square.  We were both happy with our choice.  He enjoyed trying the The Hammock Brewery and the lights were just as wonderful as we had heard.  We were back in the hotel early tonight as we were both pretty tired.  It was a busy day in Ocala, but a fun one.  









No comments:

Post a Comment