Monday, December 6, 2021

From the Sunshine to the Wind and Cold

Yesterday, it was 80 and sunny in Orlando, making it the perfect weather to spend outside at Disney Springs.  Doug and I enjoyed the sunshine while walking from store to store.  We didn't buy a lot, but I did find some great gifts for the Heinisch children and even a holiday sweater for myself with Slinky Dog on it.  We got very lucky in the food department as we got last minute lunch reservations at Wine Bar George where we enjoyed a hummus platter, hash, and macaroni & cheese bites.  It was delicious.  For dessert we picked up cookies from Gideon's Bakery.  The virtual queue was four hours long when we arrived, but thankfully, they called us an hour early.  While we were there, we picked up two Christmas cookies for Cameron as well.

This morning when I got up to leave for the airport in Tampa, it was still nice.  When I arrived in Indianapolis, the reality of winter hit me as the temperature was 34 degrees with 30 mph winds.  Fortunately, I dressed for the change in weather from Florida to Indiana.  The drive home was definitely cold and I saw several large trucks weaving on the road.  Even the airplane had struggled to stop swaying when we landed due to the high winds.

I did make it home safely and arrived just before Cameron.  I was very happy to see him.  He filled me in on his day and the fun he had this weekend.  He showed me the blood on his tie from the nosebleed at the semi formal.  We agreed that a good dry cleaning would help.  He had a project for English to finish.  While he was busy, I caught up with Meg and Brett on their weekend as well.  Cal had called last night, so I was able to talk to him then and was happy to hear that tonight he had tickets for the Bulls game.  Once Cameron was finished with his assignments, he and I watched a few Seinfeld episodes.  We had decided to start at the beginning and watch them in order.  We enjoyed the first few of season one.  I called Doug just before bed.  He had a busy, but productive day at work.  I missed him, but was thankful for the days that we had together in Florida.  

No comments:

Post a Comment