Sunday, December 26, 2021

And Just Like That, Christmas is Over

Meg left early this afternoon for Midway airport.  Her flight to Phoenix wasn't until  7 p.m. Indiana time, but she and Nick wanted to be there early.  Cal had been at the same airport about six hours before Meg for his early morning flight to Fort Lauderdale.  They were both excited for their trips.  With Cal and Meg  busy, Brett back in Bloomington and Cameron working on his Great Gatsby novel for Michael's class, it was definitely a quiet day planned for Doug and I.  

Once Doug realized that we had nothing on the agenda today,  he offered to spend it helping put away all of the Christmas decorations.  Normally, I would have said that I could do it when Cameron went back to school, but once I realized that we had a lot going on these next few weeks I knew that it would be a lot easier to get it done today.  It definitely was a lot of work, but by the end of the day the house was clean and all of the Christmas inside and out was in tubs.  I was thankful for Doug's help and glad that we still got to spend time with Cameron watching football while we were "undecorating.  This was definitely the earliest that we had taken the Christmas down, but overall I was incredibly happy to be done for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment