Friday, December 3, 2021

An Active Day in Central Florida

 It was a fun day in Ocala filled with a lot of activities.  I started my morning early dropping Doug off at Winco.  While he was busy working, I checked out the Paddock Mall.  I had been hesitant to try it, but was very happy that I did.  Our experiences with indoor malls hadn’t been that great lately.  Bloomington’s Mall had lost at least a third of its stores recently and the University Park Mall has had multiple shootings this year making it an unsafe environment.  The Paddock Mall was completely different as every store was open and the majority of shoppers were senior citizens.  I didn’t buy a lot, but had fun walking around.  I did find a new store called Belk’s, which was a Florida version of Kohl’s.  I really liked it and found a great deal on a new sweatshirt.

I picked Doug up for lunch after my shopping trip.  We ate lunch at McAllister’s once again and enjoyed it just as much as yesterday.  While he was at Winco for the afternoon, I decided to head back to Silver Springs State Park.  I wanted to get my steps in and see if the Manatees were in the river yet.  I didn’t see any, but overheard from a few others that they were definitely around the kayakers and could be seen from the glass bottom boats.  I talked to Cameron later and we agreed that we will have to come back this winter and kayak out to see them.







This evening Doug and I went to the World Equestrian Center for their Christmas celebration.  It was incredibly impressive with Christmas decorations everywhere, a lot of activities for children, and multiple places to get something to eat and drink.  We really enjoyed it.  It was still early when we left, so we decided to stop by the Crazy Cucumber for a drink on their outside patio.  I was a little skeptical at first as they had a guitar playing musician for the entertainment.  He was actually very good and it was a lot of fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment