Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Christmas Season

Getting ready for Christmas always feels so time consuming.  I think it's because everything takes longer than I plan.  Decorating is a two to three day project.  Buying gifts takes at least a day even when most of the purchases are online.  Today, I was very happy that I had completed both of those projects before I left for Florida.  That gave me extra time today and tomorrow to work on Christmas cards and wrapping gifts.

I decided to start with Christmas cards first.  My goal was to finish them all tonight and then wrap gifts tomorrow.  I spent a couple of hours addressing and writing on our custom made card and wasn't even a third of the way done.  I started to panic about it until I realized that it was only December 7th and I still had plenty of time to finish everything.  A huge benefit of addressing cards was that it gave me some time  to watch Christmas movies.  Tonight I chose Disney + to keep me company and enjoyed their original movie "Godmothered."  I had watched it last year, but forgot how much I liked it.  Thankfully, I don't have much else on my agenda tomorrow, so I should be able to wrap gifts, write Christmas cards and watch more holiday movies.  If I only had some egg nog to go along with it, my day would be perfect.  Maybe that will be this weekend's enjoyment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment