Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day

It was a quiet Valentine's Day in the Heinisch home.  Doug had county council tonight, so he and I went to dinner at Kelly Jae's last night.  It was nice as we didn't have to fight the crowds.  Since Meg had tennis this evening, she and Nick exchanged gifts last night.  She had spent a week trying to figure out what he was giving her and even sent me a picture of a bracelet she was sure she was getting.  In the end she brought home a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a stuffed Panda.  She was pleased.

Today I spent the morning at Milford meeting with my Warrior time students from last year.  I decided that if anyone was feeling sad on Valentine's Day they should volunteer in an elementary or middle school on that day.  The excitement was contagious.  After school I did some shopping and had a mammogram.  Cam decided to stay for the girls basketball game, so I didn't have to pick him up until 6:30.  He and I stopped by Mom and Dad's to drop off their Valentine's candy.  Meg returned from tennis at 8:30.  It wasn't her favorite group, but she wants to be ready for tennis season in March, so she'll return next week.

Doug was pleased when he got home to find an order of gizzards from my Dad for his Valentine's dinner.  After he ate we opened gifts.  I had given him several warm dress shirts, some mixers, cashews, and chocolates.  The original gift that I ordered him hadn't shipped yet, so I decided on the dress shirts instead.  I wasn't sure if he would like them, but was pleased when he said he did.  I received a new shirt as well along with matching blue earrings.  I really liked those items, but my favorite gifts were Bohemian Rhapsody and a box of chocolate from Olympia.  They were the perfect end to our Valentine celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment